Click here to view Freire Wilmington’s Wellness Policy.
Wellness Policy Update – February 16, 2017
The Board of Directors of Freire Charter School Wilmington approved an updated version of the school’s Wellness Policy at its meeting on February 16, 2017. The updates are summarized as follows:
- Reorganized the policy into sections
- Added a reference to the Code of Federal Regulations section requiring the policy
- Revised the health program description to more accurately reflect the school’s graduation requirements
- Revised the examples of athletic activities offered to reflect current programs
- Removed a reference to the senior project as an aspect of the wellness program
- Codified the school’s existing practice of prohibiting the sale of food to students during the day
- Expanded the description of the policy review process to include a new requirement that the school conduct triennial assessments
- Added a section on recordkeeping
Public Participation and Comment
We invite members of the school community and the public to contribute to the success of our Wellness Policy. Please contact Nate Durant and Madeline Weckel, Co-Heads of School, at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com, and Max Matthews, School Food Authority Program Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to submit written comments on the current policy or request to participate in the next update process. Written comments are accepted at any time. While the school will consider public input, there is no guarantee that suggestions received will be implemented.